We’ve all seen it before. The toilet bowl is stained and discolored; no matter how much you scrub, the stains just won’t come out. You can buy a new toilet bowl or try painting it. Painting the inside of a toilet bowl is relatively easy, and it’s a great way to give your bathroom a fresh, new look.
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Paintbrush or roller
- Drop cloths or old towels (optional)
How to Paint Inside Toilet Bowl: Step-by-Step Guide
It’s not as daunting as it may seem – painting inside a toilet bowl is quite easy! All you need is a little time and the right supplies, and you’ll be well on your way to having a freshly painted toilet that looks great. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- First, you’ll need to gather some supplies. You’ll need painter’s tape, drop cloths, a small paintbrush, and paint. Make sure to choose a paint specifically designed for use in bathrooms – this will ensure that it can withstand the humidity and moisture in the air. Once you have your supplies, it’s time to get started!
- Begin by taping off the area around the toilet bowl. You don’t want to get paint anywhere except inside the bowl, so your taping must be as precise as possible. Once the area is taped off, lay down a drop cloth or two to catch any paint that might drip.
- Now it’s time to start painting! Dip your brush into the paint and apply it to the toilet bowl’s inside. Be sure to go slowly and evenly – you don’t want drips or streaks in your finished product. Once you’ve finished painting, let the paint dry completely before removing the tape and drop cloths.
- And that’s it! You’ve now successfully painted inside a toilet bowl. Just be sure to give the paint a few days to cure before using the toilet again. And there you have it – your very own freshly painted toilet bowl.
Is it Safe to Paint Inside the Toilet Bowl?
You may have seen DIY videos or blog posts about painting the inside of a toilet bowl. It’s a popular trend that can add a pop of color to an otherwise mundane space. But is it safe to paint inside the toilet bowl?
There are a few things to consider before you start painting. First, make sure you’re using non-toxic paint. You don’t want any harmful chemicals leaching into the water supply. Second, properly prep the surface by cleaning it and sanding it down. Otherwise, the paint may not adhere properly and peel off over time.
Can I Spray Paint My Toilet?
The quick answer is yes. You can spray paint your toilet. However, there are a few things to consider before you do so. First and foremost, ensure that the paint you choose is designed for use on porcelain or ceramic surfaces. You’ll also want to ensure the area is well ventilated, as fumes from the paint can be harmful.
With those considerations in mind, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the surface of the toilet bowl. This will help the paint adhere better and result in a more even finish.
- Once the bowl is clean, apply painters’ tape around the rim to create a clean line.
- Shake the can of paint well before use.
- Apply the paint in light, even coats, using a sweeping motion.
- Let the paint dry completely between coats.
- Remove the painters’ tape carefully once the final coat of paint is dry.
Knowing how to paint inside a toilet bowl can be very useful. You can do it easily and without problems by following the tips above.
Pssst! While you’re here, why not check out our other blog posts and learn about some traveling tips that we offer?
Thanks for reading!